Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another Loss

Remembering Kaitlin Mahr '09

Kaitlin Mahr '09 was laid to rest Saturday, Nov. 24, in Onalaska, Wis. The Lawrence junior was remembered in the La Crosse Tribune last week.

From the Lawrence University Home Page.
LaCrosse Tribune obituary here.

Words fail me. I did not know this young woman and I only stumbled across this item via RMJ's reference at Adventus to Martin Marty (Marty's website reported that he will be speaking at an honors convocation at Lawrence University in April 2008 and gave the link. Marty gave the commencement address at my Lawrence graduation in 1977). This might have been me 34 years ago. I lived, loved, danced, and was deeply depressed in and near Lawrence for many years. I was fortunate enough to have come back from the hospital alive after a similar incident, although at the time I was not at all thankful for it. I am so deeply sorry that Kaitlin did not make it and will no longer be dancing again here on earth. Prayers for her and her family and friends.

No comments: