Thanks to Sharecropper, I've been tagged. This means:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
[Following Mimi's sensible lead, I'm not tagging eight people since, among other things, it would take me eight years to find anyone who hasn't been tagged). But here goes:
1. I love eating butter cream icing.
2. I should have been a ballet dancer or a physicist, though maybe it’s just as well that I followed my abilities, such as they are, rather than my passions.
3. I keep thinking of the current Anglican Communion and TEC dance in terms of an off sides trap (too much soccer, you see).
4. During high school, I spent countless Saturday nights watching bullfights on Spanish-language t.v. (with English commentary from Sidney Franklin, known as the “Bullfighter from Brooklyn” and friend of Ernest Hemingway). I cannot account for this other than being intrigued by its grace, skill, and its supposed respect for the strength and courage of the animals, and being removed from the blood and gore, not only by distance but also by poor t.v. reception on a black and white screen (well, I’m almost as old as Mimi, but not quite).
5. I loathe and despise shopping, especially in enclosed malls. I really HATE being herded into a group of women and being told to “go shop” as if it were coded in my DNA. (This is partly why I have not participated in clergy spouses’ functions).
6. I love running a boat alone in choppy waters with the wind whipping through my hair.
7. I am almost never anywhere on time. My kids chalk it up to my ADG (attention deficit Gift – their term, not mine. Needless to say, I'm not medicated -- this
is the "natural" me, I'm afraid, impulsive but slow to do what and when I ought).
8. Last Christmas my 83-year-old mother and 60-year-old husband conspired to treat me to my guilty pleasure – the entire DVD set of Sex and the City. Although I live in t-shirts, jeans, and bare feet and otherwise have little in my life resembling life in the series [correction, I do have True Love], nevertheless, I am smitten with the clothes, the shoes, the deep friendships, the humor, the wit, and the wisdom of this show (which, of course, is NOT about sex ;-) ). Or maybe it’s just the glorious ending episodes in Paris, the white shoe in the doggie do in the street, the beautiful ballet skirted vintage dress, the scene where Carrie slide tackles (i.e. trips) Big in the corridor of the hotel, and they tumble down together laughing (if that's not real love, I don't know what is).
There. That's eight. Whew! My first meme. Too bad I flunked the tagging part. I thought about tagging some dead people, who might enjoy joining in, but I'm not sure which email addresses or websites to use. Maybe later.......